After hooking up entire India with the startup wave, Shark tank india is very special for us too.
We participated in the 1st season of #sharktankindia and were one of the few selected among 60,000 applications all over India for Healthy Treat
Unfortunately, our pitch didn't go on air due to some reasons known to channel only, but I would like to share our once in a lifetime experience of the show.
A small thread :)
After clearing 2 online rounds and 1 live audition we got a call from the team of Shark Tank. With a lot of excitement, nervousness and joy, I went to Mumbai for the first pitch of my entrepreneurial journey.
The pitch aired on screen is of around 10-15 mins, but in reality, there's an hour-long discussion with the sharks.
All sharks loved the taste and packaging of our products. The 60 mins of conversation with the sharks was a major eye opener for me and forced me to self introspect.
I appreciate the feedback I received from the sharks and is something I would work on going forward.
Key Learnings from Sharks:
1. Do not limit yourself: Peyush Bansal loved my honesty but pointed on the small projections of my brand. He made me realise to not limit myself and the potential and vision that I should have for the brand.
2. Market your unique proposition: Anupam Mittal was a gem of a person to interact with, a serene personality. He asked me about the roasting process and my entrepreneurial journey and was impressed with the taste and health aspects of our products. He advised me to focus on the marketing and make a unique proposition.
3. Have a good combination of offline/online: Vineeta made me realise the importance of offline market alongwith online.
4. Build a team with complimentary skills: Ashneer Grover has been misunderstood by many people including me where I was bit scared of him. I was overjoyed when he liked the product and said my roasted snacks were better then h*ld#r@m and other similar top Indian brands. Since I was doing marketing and front end work by myself, he suggested having a co-founder and work accordingly.
5. Confidence: Aman Gupta made me realise the kind of confidence I was lacking earlier as a founder ( Maybe because it was my first pitch ever :D) and discussed the packaging, family business and other aspects of our business.
On the shoot day, My dadi who is the founder of our company accompanied to the set but didn't come for the pitch. She came to support me, so she was with Ranvijay the whole time of the shoot. She was super happy to see the whole process. She is the one to inspire me to enter this entrepreneur world and after not getting the offer from the sharks, she said " pure India ke itne logo mese select hoke yahan tk aya na ! Funding ni mili toh kya hua, funding jitna experience toh mila hi hai :).
These words enough for me to realise the importance of this once in a lifetime experience that I had.
A heartful thank you to the shark tank and #sonyliv team for all help and efforts :)
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …